AAF District 3 of the American Advertising Federation is excited to announce the award winners at the District level of the American Advertising Awards, including seven winners from AAF Roanoke.
- GOLD: Meaghan Dee – Vote: Keep Them Out (Poster)
- SILVER: AAF Roanoke – Awards Carrier Amp (Ad Chapter)
- SILVER: LeadPoint Digital – Taubman Museum of Art (Website)
- Student GOLD: Tori Fuller (Virginia Tech) – Orzo Roll & Bowl (Logo Design)
- Student GOLD: Jack Campbell (Virginia Tech) – GOAT More Than Shoes
- Student SILVER: Brittiany Rorrer (Radford University) – Cooking & Cuisine (Illustration)
- Student SILVER: Liberty University Advertising Team – Meta Quest 2: See You There (Campaign)
Gold ADDY® winners will automatically be forwarded to compete in the National Advertising Awards competition. Entrants who received Silver ADDY® Awards have the option to pay to forward their entries. Judges were asked to review a combined total of 194 professional and student entries which were forwarded by the local AAF Clubs held in Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. Of the professional and student entries the following number of awards were presented: 14 Gold ADDY® Awards and 15 Silver ADDY® Awardsand 5 Student Gold ADDY® Awards and 6 Student Silver ADDY® Awards.
The district Best in Show went to Caravan of Charlotte, NC for the “All Hail Mom” internet commercial. You can see all of the district winners here.
The American Advertising Awards is the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition, attracting more than 40,000 entries every year in local competitions. AAF Roanoke’s Western Virginia American Advertising Awards competition is the first of a three-tier, national competition. Concurrently, across the country, local entrants vie to win ADDY Awards—recognition as the very best creative work in their markets. At the second tier, local ADDY winners compete against winners from other local clubs in one of 15 district competitions. District ADDY winners are then forwarded to the third tier, the national stage of the American Advertising Awards. Entry in the local competition is the first step toward winning a National ADDY.
Congrats to all local winners at the district level and good luck in national competition! National winners will be announced at ADMERICA in June.