“5 Questions with… ” is AAF Roanoke’s new series featuring area experts, industry leaders and all around interesting characters in the advertising field.
In this post, we’re highlighting Matt Brown, Creative Director for The Roanoke Times ADOPS Department and Marketing Promotions.
1. How long have you worked in the advertising industry?
I’ve been working/involved in advertising for the past 15 years.
2. What is the first memory you have of working on a project and thinking to yourself “THIS is what I want to do for a living”
It was a class project in high school, we had to create, design and market a new music group. It was so cool that we got create this new group/product from the ground up.
3. What’s your favorite thing about advertising?
My favorite thing about advertising is solving problems and using my creativity, and the fact that the job is always changing, so it never gets boring.
4. How are you involved with AAF?
I’m currently Vice President and Public Service Chair.
5. What’s one talent most people don’t know you have?
I used to work at a local magic shop and perform for children’s birthday parties and special events, and I can juggle.